Deciding on a Pool Liner
|January 27, 2012||Posted by h20articles under In Ground Pools|
Pool owners who are looking for information on pool liners will find this information helpful.
If you have already decided on an inground concrete pool, you will need to look at the type of pool liners there are on the market. There is a vast selection in colour, style, and quality. Because of the huge selection, it would be a good idea to ask yourself some questions to guide your thinking. Here are a few:
- Are you getting a good quality liner that will withstand the strength of the sun? Did you know that the amount of sunlight during the long months of summer are actually good for your pool? Sunlight and UV provide a natural oxidation to pool water. Today’s reputable pool liner manufacturers are aware of the high concentration of pools in hot climates and use special formulations that prolong the life of their pool liners thus minimizing the effect of the sun’s rays.
- Will you also be installing a liner pad to increase the life of your pool liner? Check with your pool liner sales staff to see if a liner pad will be necessary or included in the price of a pool liner.
- Will the liner colour you choose coordinate with the house and landscape décor? This may not be important to everyone, but it is worth considering if you want everything to fit together well.
- What will the liner look like in daylight? In shade? When it is dark and lit by lights? Look at similar samples of finished pools with the same design at different times of the day or night to help in your decision-making.
- Have you looked at the sample design in a real pool or a picture of a pool? It may look very different when seen out in the bright sunlight or covering a large area of pool as opposed to a sample in a display binder seen in artificial light.
- Will you want contrast colour or design to clearly mark the pool steps for safety’s sake? Take into consideration the total finished effect. Make sure that safety is a deciding factor.
- Are you trying to create a natural look with natural materials such as stone or rock? Your choice of pool liner will likely be influenced by the ambiance you want to create in your backyard sanctuary.
- Will the border contrast coordinate with your outdoor furniture? Again, this may not be an important factor to everyone, but if it is you will want to think it through carefully.
- Will the colour and design lend themselves to easy cleaning? You won’t want to bring out a magnifying glass every time you clean, so you will need to determine what design is the most practical one for you.
- Are you interested in a trendy colour? Will you be happy with your choice of a pool liner even if you do a landscape make-over down the road? Pool liners can be replaced, but at considerable cost and effort.
Once you have made all your choices, you can begin anticipating the pleasure of using your own pool. And we all know that anticipation is part of the pleasure. Ahhhhh!